By Lem Satterfield
The HBO pay per view televised May 1 WBA welterweight (147 pounds) bout between unbeaten Floyd Mayweather and defending champion, Shane Mosley, will be availble at 416 movie theaters nationwide in high definition, Golden Boy Promotions, Mayweather Promotions and NCM Fathom entertainment announced on Monday.
Movie tickets for the bout between six-time titlist Mayweather (40-0, 25 knockouts) and five-time champion Mosley (46-5, 39 KOs) are available at participating theater box offices and online at www.fathomevents.com/, which also provides a completee list of the participating theaters.
"I think this is a fantastic way to see the fight, and I am glad to give fans the chance to do it again on May 1 with my fight against Sugar Shane Mosley," said Mayweather, in a statement.
"Going to the movies is one of my favorite things to do and I actually have a movie theater in my house, too," said Mayweather. "I can only imagine how great it would be to watch one of my fights on the big screen in high definition. Too bad I will be fighting that night, otherwise I would be there to watch it, too."
Fathom and Golden Boy Promotions first joined forces for Mayweather's September, 12-round unanimous decision victory over Juan Manuel Marquez. They also teamed up a couple of weeks ago for Bernard Hopkins' victory over Roy Jones.
"Watching the fight on the big screen in movie theaters across the country is a fantastic way to experience a mega-fight like Mayweather vs. Mosley Who R U Picking?" said Richard Schaefer, CEO of Golden Boy Promotions. "The partnership we have with NCM Fathom is a part of Golden Boy Promotions' continued efforts to provide sports fans with an unparalleled level of entertainment."
Source
No comments:
Post a Comment