Tuesday, April 20, 2010

I’m better than Ali, Robinson, says Mayweather

abs-cbnNEWS.com


MANILA, Philippines – Floyd “Money” Mayweather, Jr. let out a mouthful of confidence as he was gearing for his May 1 showdown with fellow American “Sugar” Shane Mosley.

“I truly believe I’m the best. I know I’m the best. I gotta be a damn fool to give this sport 33 years of my life to say there’s another fight better than me,” Mayweather said in the latest episode of “24/7 Mayweather/Mosley” as quoted by Gary Reynolds of FightHype.com.

The confident Mayweather even claimed that he is a better fighter than the boxing greats.

“Yep, I’m better than Muhammad Ali! Sugar Ray Robinson? Yep, I’m better than Sugar Ray Robinson! I would never say it’s another fighter better than me. Absolutely none,” he remarked.

The former pound-for-pound king will slug it out with World Boxing Association (WBA) welterweight super champion Mosley at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Their fight card is entitled “Who R U Picking?”

While Mayweather praised his opponent’s skills, he said he is gifted with more talent.

“Some people are talented and some people are gifted. Shane Mosley, I don’t take nothing away from you Shane. You’re talented; I’m God-gifted,” Mayweather said as quoted by Rick Rockwell of Examiner.com.

Mayweather, also called “Pretty Boy Floyd,” retired undefeated in 2007.

He came out of retirement in 2009 and maintained his clean record (40-0, with 25 knockouts) after defeating Mexican Juan Manuel Marquez by unanimous decision in September.

Source

No comments:

Post a Comment